Monday, November 24, 2008

Bio

Hey, all. I've been hanging around a bit, lurking, watching. Thought I'd add my name to the roll, so you could at least know who to blame if I step out of line. :) I've brought along the espresso machine and am serving up shots to anyone who wants them. I hand out coffee--lots and lots of coffee. My life has more or less been fueled by an obscene amount of coffee for the last fifteen years. Anyone want a latte?

Anyway, my name's Sara, and I'm a SAHM with 2 preschoolers and a grade schooler. My husband pastors a small Presbyterian church in the Midwest. I wrangle kids, and write, and try to get a bit of exercise . . . and think and pray and write and dream about how to work from right in the middle of the System to make the church-thing more what Jesus would want it to be.

I'm probably not likely to post very often, but know that I'm reading and thinking and praying and love being a part of the conversation.

11 comments:

Erin said...

Hi Sara (waves). I think many of us know you from A2A, too. It's nice of you to join us. I added you to the clock and the Siblings list. If you want a photo in the slideshow send it to Mike, and if you want your birthday/anniversary/other important dates added to the Calendar, you can send that to Mike or I and we'll add them.

FYI, I do think some other new people have joined recently, so those invitations to the slideshow/calendar are extended to anyone who wants them.

Mike said...

Hi Sara (waves too). Glad to see you visiting but you'll have to show someone how to use the espresso machine for when you're not here..K?

Ditto what Erin said about the calendar and pictures and stuff.

Barry said...

Hello, Sara. Mine's a double espresso, thanks.

Welcome to the Kitchen, from another newbie.

Sue said...

Hey Sara. Two sugars, thanks.

You wrangle kids, huh? That sounds interesting. Do you saddle them or go bareback? :D

Nicole said...

Yippy COFFEE lover!!!! Welcome and I am so glad you came! Thank you for blessing me with the words 'Espresso Machine'! (Sorry I get a little excited when I here anything that has to do with coffee) ;)

Hope you find this a comfortable and safe place on the web.

Blessings Sara!

In Freedom, Nicole!

Valorosa said...

:-)

Glad to hear you are at work to do what we all wish every church group was doing.

I s'pose you are too far away for me to visit LOL

Ruth said...

Sara you make the best latte's! It's good to have you pop in.

Susan Barnes said...

Welcome Sara, apart from the wrangle kids bit (which I use to do before they all grew up and left) I do all the rest. That is, I...write, and try to get a bit of exercise . . . and think and pray and write and dream about how to work from right in the middle of the System to make the church-thing more what Jesus would want it to be. I copied and pasted because you said it better than I could.

Sadly though, I don't drink coffee
:(

Sara said...

Hey, thanks for the welcome everyone! The machine's really pretty simple to use, Mike . . . just don't put the milk in the water tank like I did the first time and we'll all be fine. :)

I'm afraid we're a little out of range at the moment, though we spent a few years in Vancouver, so our oldest has Canadian citizenship. And we'll forever be thankful to the incredible staff at BC Childrens who saved her life.

If I really can't convert you to coffee, Susan, I think Barry said that he brought some beer . . . and surely there's tea around here somewhere? Lessee . . . this seems to be a pretty well-stocked kitchen, but it always takes a while to learn your way around someone else's pantry . . .

and thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

Tyler Dawn said...

Good to see you show up FINALLY Sara :)

Bar L. said...

Hi Sara, its great to meet you :)