Monday, December 1, 2008

Zaavan's Needs

Hi All
My hubby and I no longer tithe(infact we have decided that it is unbiblical)
but still believe in intentional giving to people with real needs and real faces (as oposed to the pasotrs new car or a bright and shiney new building for the church).
I really feel that God is saying that Zaavan's needs are just that

So I am going to give Jon an "offering" I am going to sow into my prayer that God will fix this utterley unacceptable situtaion.I know that the small amount I can give will not really change his situation in the physical but I beleive that soemtimes God ask us to be a part of the solution.

I am not posting about this so that I can recieve any pats on the back but instead to invite anyone who want to join me. No pressure intended, you dont need to answer this post I dont need to know it is between you and God and what he ask you to do. I only konow he asked me to give nothing more
So Jon I need a way to wire you some cash so be intouch

4 comments:

Manuela said...

I am totally willing to help however I can... (I know we can some) Yeah, let us know Jon --what, how, where...!! PRAYING
Thank you for sharing your heart Lou ( not a pat on the back, just thanks)

KariBryant said...

Amazing...loving this church family. My heart is swelling at the "Jesus" here...and Lou, my husband and I do the same thing. No more giving to the church as normal...unless for some reason God places it on our hearts...there are too many people out there who need things that a bright and shiny new church building can't give. So, Jon...please let us know!

Anonymous said...

wow. this is really humbling. i really appreciate your willingness to give. as of right now, we don't know what is going to be necessary. it might take a couple of days to get through all of the "red tape" to find out what's actually going on. and what, if anything, we're going to need. i will keep you posted, and if we need it, will take you up on your gracious offer of generosity.

we thank you all for loving us this much.

Sue said...

This is so great, Lou. Great idea!! Do keep us informed, Jon. I don't know how much I could contribute financially, seeing I am being propped up by my own relatives to get by, haha, but if you got me on a "no bills" week I would love to help out.