Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Calendar

After discussion on the last post, I created a Google Calendar for Rahab's Kitchen so we can all keep track of birthdays and anniversaries and Mike doesn't have to do it all by himself. The widget is already installed, you should find it on the sidebar.

In order for the widget to work it was necessary to make the calendar public. This means if anyone who is using Google Calendar searches for public events, events on this calendar could turn up in the results depending on their search criteria. We will only be putting first names on the calendar, so it should not be a privacy issue for anyone, but it's important that you know this so you are informed. For more information on public calendars, go here.

There are no entries on the calendar yet because I wanted to give everyone an opportunity to opt out. Otherwise we will enter all the information Mike already has.

If you would like something new to be added, you can let Mike or I know and we can add it. Also if you would like to be able to add/edit events on the calendar, let me know and I'll send you an invite to it.

Also, you can subscribe to this calendar in a feedreader, on your own Google Calendar, or using another calendar application such as iCal. I can provide you with the calendar address if you would like to do this.

Consider it a calendar hung in the kitchen. I think this will alleviate one person having to be responsible of keeping track of these important dates.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks Erin. That was a great idea!!

Mike said...

I think I got everything updated now to Rahab's Calendar. Like Erin said, if you want in, let me know and if you want to opt out, let me know that too.

bobbavicto(at)gmail(dot)com