Friday, October 9, 2009

Saddened By The Silence

This is mainly for Tyler Dawn, but also for anyone else that comes here. This was to be a place that we could come together to find support from our communtiy that we had formed. I do not meed much support at the moment, but am more than willing to give it. But I have been saddened by the silence. What had started out so vibrantly, has started to shrivel and die. I thought that by putting anything on here to get any discussion going again might be good. Revive it a little. But like any relationship that has value, it needs to be worked for. So I will commit to coming here regularly to give support to any asking, and would ask that we could get the same commitment from others that are willing. We ALL need support from time to time, and this community has helped me through some very tough ones. The loss of my father, Jobs, high stress situations, and for that I am forever thankful. My hope is that we can keep this place of sanctuary going for all of those that may need it.

7 comments:

Sue said...

Well, this blog remains on my blogroll. I don't need to make a public commitment. I care about the people that are here. But ... I dunno. It's been really quiet here for months and months. Maybe it's just one of those things ?????

KariBryant said...

Nate, I am happy to read this post. Thanks for stopping by. I've thought may times about writing here lately, but I guess because no one else had in so long, I kind of felt like maybe no one would read/care. I hope no feelings were hurt here, and I hope that everyone will feel welcome.

Ruth said...

I love this place! I'm always hanging around....just don't always know what to say.

One Voice of Many said...

I keep this on my blog list too and stop by here often. I haven't had much I wanted to post about -- I stay up in my own mind most of the time and then finally purge on my page which you all have. Other than that, I'm just lurking around here to see what's going on with other people. People get busy and don't have extra time to concentrate on blogging and I understand that. I'd hate to see this place deleted. It's nice knowing it's here.

Valorosa said...

Maybe it is a sign that we are all fairly well ...

There has been a post each month though. So we aren't a total ghost town. I know if you look back it seems like there is more of a gap but that is because I removed my posts.

I check in here often ... and almost stopped but have decided to continue on. I won't be posting but I will add my support.

Bar L. said...

Hi Nate and everyone else. I am sorry that I have neglected this blog. I feel selfish for not checking in more often to see how others are doing. My main focus lately is on my son and I have a blog about dealing with his addiction, its become my therapy:

Needle and the Damage Done

http://parentofheroinaddict007.blogspot.com/

I am going to visit some of you now.

Thanks

Valorosa said...

Thanks Barbara ... informative and honest blog.
It is helpful to many ...
What a rotten thing going on and being allowed to go on in your country and mine and really around the world.
It is one of those things we all feel helpless about. But are we really that helpless?
I wonder if all the God fearing people prayed as one for deliverance from evil for our nations.
It's the only answer I can come up with.
Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil... it is how the Lord taught us to pray.