Sunday, October 26, 2008

Finding Happy-ness

Hey, y'all. Can I just say how nice it is to be able to slam in the side-door, throw myself down at the table, and just bawl?

It isn't about anything, really - at least in a couple of days it won't be. But I found out yesterday that something I didn't even realize I wanted to happen as badly as I wanted it is probably not going to happen at all, and I'm just sad about it. You could guess from the name that I am a relatively upbeat person, even when things are tough, and it's true, for the most part, but like any artist, I have a bit of a melancholy streak, and it's running strong today. I know the "answer" is to simply take my heartache to Jesus and cry it out, and I'm going to go do that - it's a beautiful, sunny, blustery fall day, perfect for a walk in the woods (the wind accounts nicely for wet cheeks) - and that's where I'm bound - but I wanted a brownie first, and a hug, so I thought I'd come here...

If you would simply pray for me that Jesus would help me get an emotional grip and the proper perspective on something that in the grand scheme of things really isn't as big of a deal as I think it is, and that I would find myself truly Happy again, and not this out-of-sorts person I feel like today, that would totally rock. Thank you...

18 comments:

Jeannette Altes said...

You got it. And before you go, take a couple brownies for the walk. {Hug}

Nicole said...

We all have those out of sort days. I know I do! I just roll with em' and hope to find happiness and peace soon. Its a part of this life! I pray that you will find true happiness that you seek and find peace that surpasses all understanding! God Loves Ya!

In Freedom, Nicole!

Erin said...

Hey Hap. Yeah, those things are tough. I am praying for you chickie. How's a new template sound to cheer you up?

Sue said...

I'm with ya, Happy. I'll certainly pray something like that for you :)

getting there said...

It's okay to have those sad days.. we can't be happy all the time! What I do is indulge in a movie and a lot of junk food for the off days.. or I go the other direction and work.. clean house ..spring clean..sadness can be healing!

Anonymous said...

oooh movies and junk food! i am so in. what are we going to watch?

Anonymous said...

happy, since you are a musician, i'm going to share a song that drifted into my transem after a long spell of NOT drifting in. i had totally forgotten about it. but the truth it offeres is so simple, it can be easy to overlook. (after a quick check i find, coincidently, it is the only music offered from this guy on youtube)

it may do something for you, it may not. but here it is anyway.
"part of life" - grover levy

getting there said...

Well, when sad.. it is usually good to watch a comedy.. recommendations on my side would be, "White chicks." 'deuce bigalow', 'austin powers(goldmember)' 'hot chick' and a range of others. or if you are into thrillers then there are too many to mention that are good. I love prison break as a series.. I watched the whole season in one day once. Anything that will draw the mind off the woes..

Erin said...

Oooh we're watching a movie? Do we want a crier or a comedy? Titanic? Or National Lampoon's Vacation?

Ruth said...

((((HUG))))....Happy, I'm sorry about your disapointment. It's good that you are willing to lay it out before God.

Valorosa said...

I'm so sorry Happy.

I thoroughly hate disappointment.

It deflates ... sending you twirling and swirling around for a time.

But it is true

You are loved deeply.

Valorosa said...

Did I hear someone say movies and junk food ...
I'm in for a comedy
Tostitos and salsa !!!

Anonymous said...

i think we've all done some good crying lately, my vote is something funny.

Happy said...

Thanks, everyone. I am feeling much more sorted today. :) Brownies, waffles with nutella, ice cream, and way too much chocolate later - lol. Thanks for the tea and sympathy - and the new template for my blog and an excellent song. If we're still watching movies, I'd be up for a bit of Monty Python... or maybe a few episodes of Fawlty Towers... :)

Mike said...

Happy ~ "Romanes Eunt Domus?"

This ought to give you a little laugh!!

Jeannette Altes said...

Hmm... I watched Outrageous Fortune the other night. Hadn't seen it since it came out in the 80s - Bette Midler & Shelley Long. Funny is good. Although I'm usually up for some action, too. I might watch The Rock tonight... Sean Connery -- Nicholas Cage.... Hmm... watch junk food do I want...

Valorosa said...

Rock !!!!

Woohoo that reminds me

30 Rock begins this week

I love that show.

Happy I'm so glad you ok

:-)

Tyler Dawn said...

Hugs sweetie, and of course i will pray for you.