Sunday, October 26, 2008

update from nate



so nate called me the other day to say thank you for the prayers. they have been wonderful. but then he realized that as wonderful as the prayers for him are, he's not the one who needs it most. nate is the manager of a restaurant and he would like prayer for his crew. for his junior management staff mostly (who are very inexperienced) that they would gain wisdom and grow in their abilities to lead the rest of the staff and execute their responsibilities.

i would go so far as to say since we're praying, why don't we go the full 9? let's ask that the lives of all the staff be affected deeply. that the whole crew would grow into a tight knit community of people who care about their work and care about each other. that a spirit of love and joy would pervade the crew and they would begin to grow together. that they would all help to create something stable for one another in such unstable times.

9 comments:

Jeannette Altes said...

So let that be, Papa.

Happy said...

amen.

Nicole said...

I second that Amen.... I know the restaurant business is not easy and takes a whole lot of effort and work to make it! I will pray that his business and staff will find the wisdom and create a support system that will build and grow their business and each other!!!

Erin said...

Amen here too. Thanks for articulating it, Jon. I add that his staff won't give him any unnecessary grief or trouble.

Sue said...

Agreed!

Barry said...

Amen - I'm in.

Anonymous said...

...that his staff won't give him any unnecessary grief or trouble.

thanks for the add. restaurant workers seem to be a breed all their own. ususally very chaotic folk with messed up personal lives that have a tendancy to follow them to work.

Manuela said...

yeah...I've worked my fair share of restaurants so I know about the chaos... We're all chaotic folk at one point or another : )...will pray

Mike said...

jON ~ You can add my prayers to the mix. The restaurant business IS chaos all by itself let alone adding the outside chaos.

I am praying for all in this situation