Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Heather

I'm Heather from Melbourne, Australia.

I am part of a church still, but it's more of a community than a strict churchy thing. We meet mostly in homes. Together with my husband Alex and my two girls Ashley (10) and Stephanie (7) I left my CLB about 2 1/2 years ago. Since then I have been learning, growing and getting closer to God than I ever had been in the 15+ years I had in various pentecostal churches.

I love music - almost anything that's slightly funky and different, and almost nothing that's played on the mainstream radio stations. It has to be a little different and quirky. Current favourites are Mojo Juju and the Snake Oil Merchants, Jackson Jackson and The Cat Empire. I just found a new one on Saturday when I heard her play live - Rosie Burgess. Just ordered her CD.

Other than that I do the mothering thing, the wifey thing, the working thing (PA to the director of a nursing home) and the friend thing and the blogging thing - all with some degree of success but I could probably do better on all fronts.

I'm mostly behaved, occasionally naughty (Erin is SUCH a bad influence!) and I love being part of the blogging community, even if I don't get as much time to comment (or post!) as I'd like to.

Do I win the prize for the wordiest comment? No, that's probably jON. No surprises there!

Heather blogs at A Deconstructed Christian



No comments: