Thursday, October 30, 2008

request for my mother

in about 2 months it will be the 1 year anniversary of my dad's death. this has obviously been very hard for my mom. she was married back in 1961 at the age of 18, so she went straight from her parents house to being married. she has never lived alone before, much less in a place as big as the twin cities metro area she lives in now. it is all very frightening and lonely for her. with the american "holidays" rapidly approaching, her first set without him, i was hoping we could bathe her in prayer. she could really use it. thanks gang.

13 comments:

Sue said...

Of course.

getting there said...

Yes, will pray for her!

Mike said...

You got 'em Jon.

Happy said...

absolutely.

Heidi W said...

Hey, Jon. My dad passed away in June, and it is so hard for my mom. I'm praying right now that your mom will have peace through the holiday season, and that God will be so real to her throughout that time.

Bar L. said...

I understand having watched my mom go through the same thing... am praying

Jeannette Altes said...

Papa, help and comfort Jon's mother. Thanks.

Valorosa said...

Yes, and for all of you.

getting there said...

HI Jon, I prayed for her last night

One Voice of Many said...

I am here also, Jon - me and milky ;-)

Tyler Dawn said...

Jon, I have been absent but i want you to know that I am praying

Erin said...

I will pray, as well.

Anonymous said...

thanks everyone. i let her know we're praying for her and she is very appreciative.