Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Well, got it all figured out

Okay, so I went to the doctor and He said that what happened was a combination of a few things.

(1) I had an extreme reaction to Claritin 24, which is notorious for reacting badly with bp meds (despite no warning label!)

(2) I had bad allergies to ragweed for the first time in my life

(3) Evidently I have asthma, which has been triggered by living in a high humidity area for the first time in about 30 years. It is comforting to know that the chest tightness isn't my heart!

So I will live after all. Thanks to everyone for praying, don't know how i would have gotten through without you guys lifting me up. Love you all!

12 comments:

Sue said...

What the hell is ragweed? Hang on, looking it up. Okay, I'm back. They look like weeds. Funny that. But not like rags. But how annoying that you are allergic to them :(

I'm glad you are starting to feel better and I really ask for a period of strolling through nice spiritual meadows for this chicky babe, please, Papa dear?

Mike said...

Glad to hear you're doing better Tyler. Ragweed allergies totally suck!!

Erin said...

I'm glad, too, that you seem to have answers. Here's hoping nothing else comes up!

Joel Brueseke said...

Glad to hear it's been figured out! Often the 'not knowing' is the hardest part.

Happy said...

Tyler - I am SO glad! :)

Nicole said...

Yippy, I knew Father would take care of you, He always seems to pull through for us even when things seem shaky!

Blessings to you TD. You amaze me!

Manuela said...

oh, good...it sounds like you have a good doctor (if it's not the same one who prescribed you the claritn!) Asthma sucks (I have it) but at least you know what it is and can treat it, right?! I get really stubborn about using my inhaler, don't know why. It's weird. Thankfully I only have mild asthma. Anyway, glad to see you back sweet sister!

Jeannette Altes said...

{{{hug}}}

Valorosa said...

Awesome ;-)

Tyler Dawn said...

Thanks everyone :)

Manuela, the doc didn't prescribe the claritin, it was over the counter stuff. So he's okay ;) -- I HOPE!

It is raining like crazy here so I can breathe today, as soon as it stops the mold will kick back in but it's nice to have a breather!!

Heather said...

So glad it was something manageable, and not a heart problem, and that you are not at rest with some answers.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Tyler Dawn said...

Thanks Heather, it is a WONDERFUL relief to know it isn't my heart!!!!