Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hi, from Ché

Many of you may not know me. I don't comment alot, and I don't post uber-frequently on my blog.
But I'm here, listening and learning from you all, and praying when prayer is asked for...or even when it's not.
I'm a really private person.
When I mentioned to my best friend, Kelly, that I'd discovered that I'm a loner....she fell on the floor laughing, saying, "You've only RECENTLY discovered this?"
I guess she wasn't overly surprised.
I don't have alot of close friends, but when I do get close to people, I get really close and love them for life.
Anyways, all this to say, I'm stepping out a little here to ask for some prayer support.
I'm in some financial crisis...though saying that makes me feel stupid. I'm almost ALWAYS in financial crisis since my husband left.
I'm a single parent, and I work lots. Yet, it's a barely over minimum wage job, which I keep because I like it, and I get benefits and some bonuses.
I work at Starbucks.
I've been asking God to help me....not to rescue me. What I mean is this: I want to learn how to work with the finances I have rather than keep praying for financial windfalls. Does that make sense?
I have this dream.
I want to own my own house.
I absolutely love to decorate, and renovate. I do alot in this rental I'm in because it needs it, and because it's a beautiful heritage home that I love.
My dream is so big and so unreachable.
I have trouble paying for my bills, and buying groceries at the same time.
I have debt, lots of it the result of closing down my bookstore. Some of it because I have times where I've just run away for a mini vacation and didn't have money so I put it on credit. I feel insanely guilty about that, cause it's not really being responsible.
Yet, somehow it's been needed.
So...if you all are willing, would you pray for me?
I want to be responsible with my finances. I also want to take care of this person called ME.
I want to be a great mom.....and I want to fall in love with my Creator.
I want to have hope.....and I want to be a good friend.
I want to follow my dreams..and I want to take care of my family.
All these disparate wants swirl around inside me....and make me a little crazy.

So, could you?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will definitely pray for you to have wisdom, strength, resolve, and courage in this area. it is a process we(in my family) have been through. learning how to call what we have "enough" and make do what we can with it.

as i was praying about this for you, this came back to mind. thought you might find it helpful. (you too, LOU!!!!!)

miserly moms.

Tyler Dawn said...

Gosh Che, here's a big hug and I will be praying for your needs.

During the contested adoption, I swore by miserly moms (I have the book) and the complete tightwad gazette.

Manuela said...

most single moms are so amazing, my heart goes out to them and you with 3 kids!! Will pray... You do work hard and you need down time too. Thought of you when I went to Starbucks today... I love baristas...
I dream a lot too...It can be good but I try not to get too far off the ground...which tends to happen :) I know what it's like when you just need a break! I hope you keep finding some here and there that are affordable and refreshing even if small! Lots of love to ya and I pray the right doors open for you in the area of your talents. There is time...

Nate said...

No problem, will definately pray. Been there on the closing a business thing.

Used books. When really poor, I go to the used book stores and buy the dollar books. Or library ordering. That way you can still feed your fantasy habit and have some joy.

Erin said...

Hi Ché (waves). I'm sorry if your trip down was a financial burden for you. I'm so very glad you came, but I wish it wasn't a problem now. Now I have to make a point of getting up there soon, just to give you a hug!

I just love you, and I will pray for something good to happen. You have worked so hard to make a good life for your kids these last years and deserve a break. Have the books been selling at all?

(Someday you really ought to move to the city where you would have a market for all the cool antiques you work on!)

getting there said...

Praying for you Che. It's good to have dreams! It's hard for a single mom.. I have no wise words except I will keep you in my prayers.

getting there said...

Che, I know this might sound stupid.. it is just a useless thought that sometimes pops into my head but let me share it anyway..

I would recommend anyone who struggled financially to move to south africa.. Do you know that your 1 dollar is something like R10.00 for us.. you could sell everything and come here and you'd be rich...

okay, maybe I'm trying to get y'll to come and visit me.. but seriously. The cost of living is high.. it's high here for me, I can't imagine what its like up there... I moan at the cost of bread and milk.. it's crazy.

Those in england come here on holiday and party big time because everything here seems to be cheap to foreigners.. just a thought...

Mike said...

I pray for you all the time Che and that's not going to change anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Che,

I feel like I know you from Erin :) Thanks for sharing your heart and dreams and needs here. I will pray too.

KariBryant said...

Hi Che, I had a thought about the "getting away" need. It may not work because you may not have anything like this near you....but I remember when I lived in Minneapolis, there were several quiet retreat places that were donation only, or if it cost anything it was like 20 bucks for the whole weekend (2 nights). I went one time, and it snowed like 17 inches...I had to dig my way out of my little one room cabin to go to the bathroom...but it was the most beautiful, peaceful thing I've ever done! I was provided a basket of bread, cheese and fruit, I had 2 gallons of water to use for tea - had one small gas burner and a water kettle...some candles, but no electricity. The heat was gas, and I could choose to be social and join others who were there for meals in the evenings, or I could eat my cheese alone and enjoy the quiet. I'm sure they are all different, but it was the ultimate "get away" for me. Just a thought? It came to me because a dear dear friend of mine is also a single mom of 3, she struggles financially and she does this often, and told me about it.

Ché said...

Thanks you guys.
All the response here has been great..encouraging.
Since I asked for prayer, God has been showing me some open doors to help with the finances.
Funny how it's so hard to talk about this stuff to people, but as soon as I do, as I ask for prayer help, God opens things up for me, and shows me how well He is taking care of us.

Thanks for the support.

Ruth said...

It's good to see you around again Che. I'll remember you in my prayers.