Sunday, December 7, 2008

A shameless plug

This is a shameless plug for the Open Bible Blog. Feel free to take a look - it's basically what it sounds like, an open Bible study. Any opinions and any viewpoints are welcome, as is disagreement and debate as long as it is expressed with respect.

Anyway, I thought perhaps a few people from here might be interested in contributing to the blog. (Some are already on there.) If you want to be added to the list of contributors there (i.e. be able to post in your own right rather than just comment), email me at glan dot islwyn at btinternet dot com and I'll add you.

We're currently looking at Luke's gospel.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Are heretical universalists allowed? :)

I must say the words "bible study" freak me out. Isn't it weird how deeply entrenched those reactions become? But it looks really good, Barry. Thanks for the invite

Barry said...

Heretical universalists are indeed allowed :o)

The whole point of the blog format, and inviting as many people as possible to contribute, is that it isn't like a stereotypical agenda-driven Bible study. It is, as the name suggests, "open". Anyone can raise, disagree with, argue against or disregard anything that is said there without fear of being shunned or hated. I'm not exactly fully "orthodox" myself these days, according to some people!