Thursday, January 15, 2009

My brain

Guys, I have been quiet lately because of health problems, I had a TIA yesterday morning and they have me on hormones that are literally driving me crazy :(

Update: Valorosa asked why I am on hormones so here goes --

I am estrogen dominant because my ovaries only make a few hours of progesterone a month, instead of weeks. This is why I miscarry, well, one of the reasons. Unopposed estrogen is very dangerous and is a chief cause of strokes in young women. When i was 27, in response to some other issues, I was placed on birth control pills and had a severe TIA within a few days -- one that left me greatly impaired for 6 months and which still has left me with some memory loss and well mucked up my handwriting. They took me off of the pills but because of a misdiagnosis the same thing happened two years later. Please think of what happened to me the next time someone tells you that prescribing BC pills to teens without prescreening or parental consent is a good thing -- it happens more than they admit.

Now, I am not on BC pills right now but I am in peri-menopause and i think I am getting estrogen bursts that might have caused this. So I am on a progesterone cream to oppose the estrogen.

Thanks for all the prayers. I love you guys. I am like the wicked witch of the west over here. My poor kids.

15 comments:

Sara said...

our prayers with you

Bar L. said...

That sounds awful. I'm sorry to hear it. Hope you feel better soon.
Our bodies sure can mess up our lives.

Praying for you.
B

Anonymous said...

oops meant to sign with this not the other one

Manuela said...

oh, that stinks... will be praying Take care and feel better soon

Jeannette Altes said...

Love you, Tyler. {{HUG}}

Valorosa said...

Tyler this is serious stuff.
Why are you on hormones?

TIA? ... you are so young !!

What's up tell me more.

Prayers for you ... your brain has to stay intact for awhile yet as you raise your family.

KariBryant said...

So sorry TD...I know how it feels when our hormones go crazy - like you can't control anything! But I can't imagine being in your situation...it must be very hard trying to keep it together right now with young ones. I'm hoping things will get sorted out soon.

Frances said...

I am sorry. I remember being in perimenopause and trying out HRT to help. It didn't---a couple of months of craziness then uncontrolled cycles. An acquaintance mentioned a nurse practictioner who could prescribe natural hormones which now keep me more sane. I think my husband must have prayed really hard, lol!

Manuela said...

Tyler, how are you doing? How was today...?

Erin said...

Ooo Tyler...I sure wish I was nearby to give you a hand with the boys...praying peace and healing for you.

Valorosa said...

Oh frig ...
I know why you are on hormones so don't answer that ... my memory kicked in after a few moments

Gosh darn

Hold Lord
Hold Tyler Dawn and stop the turmoil. Bring her body into alignment with life and stop the assaults to her brain.

In Jesus precious name

Amen

Tyler Dawn said...

Hi guys

I am emerging form the muck but there are still some problems, the irritability is cutting in half as I get used to the progesterone cream, but I am still confused at times. Yesterday I screwed something easy up at my volunteer job at the school and just wanted to cry.

On the road, just tired. Thanks to everyone.

Happy said...

Tyler, if it makes you feel any better, yesterday I went to do laundry and forgot I'd thrown a load in the washer, and when I finally remembered and went to change it over I discovered I'd never started the washer...

And then three hours later when I remembered again that oh, yes, I'd been doing laundry, I went to change it over again and discovered that I'd thrown a load in the dryer and never started it...

*sigh*

and all of that is to say that I know that feeling of just wanting to cry very well, but that I am very proud of you for keeping on, and praying for you. one day at a time, sweetie - and give yourself a TON of grace. God does. And you'd give it to anyone you knew in the same situation.

May today be an incredibly good and restful day for you.

love,
Hap

Mike said...

My prayers are with you sweetie.

Ruth said...

Tyler you have such a beautiful and positive spirit. I pray that the Lord will fortify you with the same encouragement that you bring to others.