Saturday, January 17, 2009

What's Been Happening

Hello Everyone.

I know that my appearances lately have been sparse; not only here but on line and in my own blog as well. Most of you who follow my blog have seen a "turn" in the direction of my writing and me questioning pretty much everything that I have come to know as true in the past year or so. So now, I can come out and tell you what has been happening.

This past week has seen two very "huge" changes in my life. The first is that I started a new job with a new department this week. Big change for me but the timing is perfect when taken into consideration of where I want to go with my career. Secondly, on last Tuesday, I was divorced from my wife. This has been a decision that I have been agonizing for the better part of a year and I finally came to the conclusion that enough was enough. The hardest part, as you might imagine, was my beautiful son and the thought of not being around him all of the time but in the end, it just wasn't enough. Our split was amicable and so were the arrangements that we agreed on with respect to custody and visitation and I am so thankful for that.

You all have been a great source of support for me and I am thankful that I have this family to share with when things are good and to lean on when things are bad. There are a few loose ends yet to tie up so if you feel so led, ask a prayer that what I have to do next (regarding our home) goes smoothly.

13 comments:

Ruth said...

It's hard to find words but I'm so sorry about this difficult time for you Mike. Thanks for sharing with us.

Erin said...

I'm sorry Mike. My prayers are with you all as you adjust to this change.

One Voice of Many said...

I feel a lot of your pain in the decisions on whether to stay together or not. I respect your decision and pray that you both find peace in the near future.

Manuela said...

Oh my goodness, Mike :( What happened to cause the marriage split...? ( not to be too nosy, just had no idea) Anyway, that's a lot of stuff... will pray

Heather said...

Oh Mike. :-( What a huge adjustment for you. Praying for a big slice of peace for your situation.

Anonymous said...

man that's tough news. big changes that will ceratinly lead to a completely different pattern of life. i hope that through it you are able to rewrite a new story for yourself and find what you are looking for. i am sorry for all of the pain and hope that this is a new step towards healing for everyone. it's hard not to ask, "what happened?" but in the end i don't think it matters. if this is a good decision for the both of you, then i encourage you in it, and pray for your son that there would be a good equilibrium between you and your ex. and that he would never feel like he is caught between two warring factions. as is so often the case the children of divorced parents.

Nicole said...

Mike, wow, life is hard, and it sucks a lot! I know though that Father will get you through this trying time and He will never leave you or forsake you! Know that you are not alone and have the support from your brothers and sisters here!

God love you Mike! You are in good hands!

Love and Freedom, Nicole!

Valorosa said...

Damn :-(

Looks like you have come to terms with it.

Divorce is crappy Huh?

Jeannette Altes said...

Mike.... {{hug}}

Tyler Dawn said...

sweetie, I am so sorry. Big hugs. I am praying so hard for all three of you.

Anonymous said...

Hugging you from over here in CA. Life sure has a lot of rough spots.

Mike said...

Thank you all for your support and your prayers. I am doing well. I'm wondering where this is all leading me to but I trust that I'm being led somewhere?!?

Ché said...

Hey Mike, I'm praying too.
I admit I'm very shocked and saddened by your news...
Hugs to you....