Monday, March 9, 2009

prayer please

well, we had a HUGE historical tree (100+ yrs old) in our back yard fall down yesterday... It is massive (I will post pictures on my blog soon!) It was intensely windy and I can't believe it fell down... It is SO shocking how it was uprooted... Anyway, it damaged some of our neighbor's property but not much really! No one was hurt, thankfully, and our house was miraculously intact. (The wind was so strong I remember saying a prayer off the top of my head, "God, keep us safe..." and he did!)
Please pray the insurance will cover the removal costs, etc. It is bound to cost A LOT and we honestly can't afford it...
Thanks

8 comments:

Sara said...

Will definitely pray for you.

This also makes me think of one of my kids' favorite books-- David Wiesner's "Hurricane." It's about a couple of boys who have the hurricane blow over the old elm in their back yard and all the adventures they have with the fallen tree . . . great book. :) Of course, when the tree removal guys come to take it out at the end, it's a tragic. :)

So glad that everyone's safe.

Unknown said...

Wow, Manu that is crazy! I will be praying for things to go smoothly and cheaply during the tree removal! That is a shame that it blew down but I am so glad that it didn't hurt your house.... Praise Him!

Sue said...

Wow, so glad you guys are okay, Manu. Sort of creepy that the wind could blow down such a large tree!

Manuela said...

Sara,
that book sounds great. Our cats were totally playing in the tree today...it was cute :) took pictures

Yeah, it's pretty astounding how a big tree like that could just flop down. I guess sometimes things aren't as strong as they seem!

...Thanks girls :)

Valorosa said...

prayers and big hugs

Manuela said...

Thanks. It looks like insurance isn't gonna cover much, so we are getting estimates... and trying to gather some friends with man-power to help with some of the job of clean up!
that could save us some...

Erin said...

I'm sorry about the insurance...I wish long-distance help would work!

Tyler Dawn said...

Praying Manu, so grateful no one was hurt